WHAT IS DIVERSION?
If you don't know the answer to this question - you're not alone. Nine out of ten consumers do not know what diversion is. But you probably have witnessed it.
Diversion is when products are sold in "unauthorized" places. For example, all genuine Redken products are sold exclusively in salons. But you might come across a few bottles in your local pharmacy, online, variety store or at a discounter. Salon professional products you find outside of a salon are considered to be "diverted."
WHY DIVERSION IS BAD?
Diverted products can be counterfeit, diluted formulas, or old, expired formulas that may not be safe to use.
Redken states on all its advertising, "Genuine Products Guaranteed Only In Salons." This means if you buy our products in a pharmacy or any other outlet other than a salon, we cannot guarantee that it is an authentic Redken product that will perform as tested.
ARE YOU IN DANGER?
You could be. Contaminated or counterfeit products could cause irritation or even infection.
WHO IS DIVERTING PRODUCTS?
Products are diverted by unauthorized distributors and salons or their employees, plus other dishonest individuals who see profit in piracy.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP STOP DIVERSION?
Don't risk it, don't buy it! And tell your friends about the potential danger of diverted products! If you see a Redken product for sale outside a salon, please send us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the city, state and name of the location where you saw the products. We will conduct a full investigation.
WHAT IS REDKEN DOING TO STOP DIVERSION?
In order to protect Redken salons and to ensure that consumers only receive the highest quality Redken products appropriate for their specific hair needs, Redken continues in its commitment to aggressively combat diversion:
- A former FBI agent in the US developed the global strategies and oversees the implementation of Redken's global anti-diversion program.
- Exclusive product coding is used to track the movement of Redken products. This is the method for tracing products to industry diverters.
- Redken representatives undertake regular shelf sweeps at unauthorized retail outlets across Australia. These products are subsequently decoded in an effort to identify diverters.
Diversion information can be communicated to Redken Canada by e-mailing us at: email@example.com.
You can help stop diversion!
AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE
Dear Valued Clients,
First of all, thank you for choosing a salon that uses Redken 5th Avenue NYC products, which is part of the L'Oréal Professional Products Division. I want to take this opportunity to speak to you directly about a problem facing our industry called Diversion. You may have seen our products in pharmacies and variety retailers. We appeal to you not to support these outlets by purchasing exclusive salon only products. Why?
1. QUALITY - L'Oréal worldwide doesn't authorize sales of professional products to these outlets and won't guarantee the content or quality of these products. Redken, genuine products are only sold in salons, those purchased at unauthorized outlets could be stock older than 250 days, discontinued or even counterfeit.
2. PROFESSIONAL RECOMMENDATION - Most importantly, these products are sold without the service and recommendation of your stylist who knows the best product for your hair, and deprives them of the sale of this product and their expertise and service.
Support your stylist who cares for your hair and work with us to eliminate this unauthorized trade through these non professional stockists!