The Color Tribe Q&A:
1) What quote do you (try to) live by?
“Do not be fooled by its commonplace appearance. Like so many things, it is not what is outside, but what is inside that counts.” Aladdin
. When I was a kid, I loved Aladdin, and this quote is true. It’s not what others see, it’s what you put out there!
2) What is the hottest hair trend right now?
For color, it is definitely balayage, and in terms of style, I think beach waves is where it’s at!
3) How long have you been a stylist?
I consider myself to have been a stylist my whole life! I have been doing this since I was a little kid: styling everybody and braiding anything I could! However, I got my real and official start about eight years ago! (already!)
4) What is your morning hair routine?
My morning hair routine is as follows (note that I have natural curly hair!):
1. Deep conditioning mask with a scalp massage. I use my mask like it’s shampoo!
2. On damp hair, flip it upside down, shake out the excess water, and apply a serum!
3. Using Redken No Blow Dry
over top, and voilà!
5) How did you meet Karolina?
I met Karolina years ago! She was going to a gala, and I had the opportunity of doing this lovely girl’s hair! Years later, I ran into her at a nail salon and have been doing her hair ever since!!!
6) What is your favorite hair color technique, and why?
For me, there are two things I love!
1. some sunkissed balayage
2. a good root smudge/color melt!
7) Do you currently wear your natural hair color? What color is it?
I am currently coloring my hair. I have to say, I love being a ginger!
I do babylights and then apply Shades EQ Gloss
using a mix of equal parts of 08C and 07CC!
8) What is your favorite color in general and for hair?
Green is my favorite color. I love it because it’s everywhere.
For hair, I love beige-y blondes and also natural warm tones… It’s a tough call, but if I had to pick... natural warm tones!
9) What’s the most ridiculous thing you have bought?
I once stumbled upon a super cute pair of limited edition shoes... and the last pair was a size too small. But I fell in love and had to have them. I wore then once and gave them away.
10) If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Panini sandwiches. Doesn’t matter how you dress it, a panini will always be my go-to. Also, milk chocolate.
11) What is your favorite Shades EQ shade and why?
My favorite Shades EQ is 09V because when doing blondes, it gives the nicest result to cool color down and make it perfectly beige (which is my favorite hair color, well my second, see question #8! So hard to decide…!).
12) Where can I take an appointment with you?
I work at Mute Salon, on Mountain Street, in downtown Montreal!
You wish to know how to create Karolina's Dusty Rosé haircolor? Here is how.
Want to see more of Adrien creation? Follow him on Instagram!