The Color Tribe Q&A:
1. Three words to describe you, and why?
Driven, passionate, loving.
Why? I have always worked for what I wanted, never expecting anything from anyone. I am so grateful to the people in my life that have given me strength, support, and mentorship. This is where I fuel my drive, passion, and love.
2. What is the name of your salon? Why did you choose that name?
Capelli Salon Studio
“Capelli” means hair in Italian. My family sacrificed a lot coming to Canada, and I wanted my salon to have an Italian name in their honor.
3. Since when do you have your own salon?
I have owned Capelli for almost 8 years.
4. How did you meet Sophie?
I met Sophie
as a guest in my chair.
5. Since when have you been doing her hair?
I have been doing Sophie’s hair for over 7 years now!
6. What is the best haircolor advice you’ve received?
Be prepared to say no.
7. What is keeping you up at night lately?
Honestly, it would be SalonScale
This is an app I created for the salon industry. I launched it about 25 weeks ago now, and I have had over 215 salons sign up for it. If you would like to learn more about my app, it’s here
8. If someone made a movie of your life, would it be a drama, comedy, romantic comedy, action film, or science fiction?
Drama, with a bit of comedy.
9. What’s the one food you could never bring yourself to eat?
10. What is your favorite haircolor technique right now and why?
My favorite haircolor technique is creating new patterns based on simple shapes: square, triangle, round.
11. What was the best advice a mentor ever gave you?
You can be anything you ever want by just believing in yourself, and never, for a second, look back and/or look forward in fear!
12. Being a salon owner, when hiring someone, what’s the number one thing you look for?
Personality and passion.
You wish to know how to create Sophie’s blonde and shiny haircolor? Here is how and see Alicia working on Sophie's hair? Here it is.
Want to see more of Alicia’s creations? Follow her, her salon and her app on Instagram!