Double Dutch Fishtail Braids
Don’t sweat your skill level when it comes to creating double Dutch fishtail braids. For this easy braided hairstyle look, the messier, the better.
- Part hair down the middle, all the way down the back of the head, and tie one section out of the way.
- Start your inverted fishtail by sectioning hair into two pieces. Take a small piece from the edge of the right side, cross it under, and add it to the left side.
- Do the same for the left side: cross a small piece of hair from the left side under and add it to the right side.
- Repeat, but after the initial braid stitch start adding in hair from the side of your head, like you would with a French braid.
- Continue down the back of the head, finishing with a regular fishtail braid once all the hair has been pulled in. Secure with an elastic, then wrap a small piece of hair around the elastic to hide it.
- Repeat on the other side. Once complete, seal the look in place with a hair finishing spray. Gently tug the sides of the fishtail to loosen up the braid.