The Color Tribe Q&A:
1) What would be the best soundtrack for your life, and why?
This may be surprising, but I actually have a classical piano background, and to me, the perfect soundtrack has to be Bach - Prelude C Major!
2) What would your perfect vacation entail?
Beach, tequila, and sushis... in that order!
3) How much time do you spend listening to music every day?
Between musical research, preparing my performances, and just relaxing, I would say at least 8 hours a day.
4) What is the current song you can’t stop listening to right now?
I’d have to go with Better Not (feat. Wafia)” – Louis The Child.
5) What is your natural hair color?
Light brown (it’s a secret!!!).
6) Since when do you color your hair?
Oh boy (laugh), I started coloring my hair at 15!
7) What inspired you to start your career?
Seeing another DJ do his thing in the sushi lounge I was working at back then, I made a conscious decision right then and there to become a DJ.
8) What convinced you to go from redhead to blonde?
I had been blonde in the past but went red about 18 months ago. Frankly, blonde is my color, and I would have gone back sooner but so many people told me it would be impossible without a level transition over a few weeks or even months. I’m happy to report that Redken proved them all wrong!! I went from deep red to beach blonde in one day... and my hair is healthier than it ever was!!!!
9) What food do you crave most often?
Sushi, sushi, sushi!
10) What’s something that people think makes them look cool but actually has the opposite effect?
Lots of things! I’ll go with lip injections because it’s either not enough... or way too much!
11) As a DJ, where was the best place you ever performed?
Easy! At the famed Beach Club here in Quebec supporting Sean Paul. The crowd was massive, and the sun was shining.
12) Where can we listen to your music?
Pretty much on all platforms – iTunes, Spotify, SoundCloud, and Mixcloud – but I think live is where I shine.
13) What’s the most useless talent you have?
I can do the robot (laugh).
14) How often do you usually exercise?
5 times per week, in average. I am not obsessive about it, but I really love going to the gym and killing it. It can be hard on the road, but I try to keep at it.
15) Now that you are blonde, would you say that the saying “Blondes have more fun” is true?
It sure is! Now that I’ve experienced another color, I can say that I feel more playful being a blonde!
See Miss Shelton hair transformation from redhead to beautiful and always healthy blonde with the international Redken artist Catherine Allard here!
Discover international Redken artist, Catherine Allard, the master colorist behind Miss Shelton transformation here!